enjoy the fun of sports
Passionate about sports
Sports is one of our society’s most important activities. It connects people and sparks joy. We help you with realising that joy.
Not just orienteering. We can help with many sports events with expertise in traffic, demand and cultural analysis.
We can help you
|Mobile orienteering event |
planning and management
|Mapping and technical support||Business and tourism promotion|
Event planning & management
We provide event planning and management services worldwide, which includes the following aspects:
- Consulting: we give our opinion based on our knowledge and experience, so you can plan the event wisely.
- Event planning: let us plan for you, while you sit back!
- Marketing: we have a marketing network of sportspeople over the world to spread your event.
- Event entry: we provide registration service on our websites (metrunner.com, ORIEN.ASIA, swedenmarker.com). Normally we take 20% commission, which includes also the marketing and ads!
- Mapping for orienteering events
- Site survey
- Equipment: punching & timing system (SPORTident/metrunner NGOPS/metrunner app), GPS tracking & live results
- Volunteer recruitment and management
- All package prices include flights, transport and accommodation for our planning & support staff
- Discount for EU/EEA, East/Southeast Asian countries and developing/new orienteering countries!
Use the metrunner app!
metrunner is a versatile mobile orienteering app with many possibilities for an orienteering activity. Be it a fun day, training or race, you can achieve a fun day out with metrunner.
- Private, unlisted event (access by code)
- Public competition
- Tourist promotional game (guided tour)
- By GPS (phone location)
- … or by pass-code (you can put the code on signs, so players can enter the code to prove visit)
GPS tracking (launching soon in autumn 2019):
- … with runner’s phone (no other equipment required)
We also offer event planning and management, so you can relax while we do the job!
More fun features upcoming:
- Multiple-choice quiz questions with extra points for correct answers
- Live feed showing when player punches control (for races)
- Discounts for local shops
What’s more fun than having a day out orienteering? Get your friends and colleagues and have a fun day out in the woods or around the city.
We can do that for you. You can learn the basics of orienteering from our instructor, then have some fun teambuilding games through orienteering.
We’re based in Sweden but we can handle multi-day training programmes around the world. We also have partners in Hong Kong and elsewhere in Asia who can help lift your team through orienteering.
Mapping and technical support
We love maps. And we love to help you draw maps.
Orienteering has its own symbols, and we perfect them into a clean, concise map. With mapping experience since 2012, and twice awarded the best sprint map award (Hong Kong 2015, 2017) our team can help you deliver the best orienteering experience to orienteers.
Need training or on-the-day support for your volunteers? We can help you too.
Business and Tourism promotion
Orienteering and Travel have one thing in common—both are about navigation. And you’ve got to attract visitors and customers to your door.
Ta da—enter orienteering! Tell us your idea, and we’ll pave the gateway. Let visitors play and flock to your door.
New Generation Orienteering Punching System (NGOPS)!
Do you know what the next big thing in orienteering is? We’d say NFC punching. NFC (Near Field Communication) is still nascent in terms of usage, but increasing exponentially!
Therefore, metrunner is investing in the orienteering punching system of the next generation. You’ll be able to punch with just your NFC-enabled phone or NFC-watch, at most races. At the high-level races, you’ll be able to